Title – Through The Glass (Website, Goodreads, Amazon)
Author – Shannon Moroney (Website, Goodreads)
Published – October 11th 2011
Genre – Memoir
Summary – Newly married Shannon Moroney opens the door to two police officers with news that her husband has been arrested for committing an awful crime of violence and rape. This memoir is about the aftermath of these crimes…of stress, anger, sadness, rehabilitation and struggle.
Welcome to Expanding My Mind, episode 3.
I love sharing what I’ve been reading. I also love sharing what I’ve found around the web.
Here are a few links I love:
- I’ve been thinking a lot about waking up in the morning to get more things done while others are still sleeping. And to really make that time work for me. Here is a link I stumbled upon from Duct Tape Marketing about daily rituals: https://www.ducttapemarketing.com/daily-rituals/
- Recently I attended a Women’s Conference put on by my local Chamber of Commerce. One speaker was Kristen Brown who I really enjoyed. For what it is worth, here is the link to her free podcast: http://happyhoureffect.com/category/podcast/
- Lastly, this Ted Talk was a suggestion on my YouTube homepage. Another one of my focuses lately is reaching out to more people (because it’s all about who you know, right). Sometimes I think we forget that the internet is not the only way we can contact someone; we can actually say Hi to anybody we see. The high introvert in me is screaming NOOOO but this speaker actually makes it quite simple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Zu5ZZAG7I
That is all for now! Let me know in the comments if you’ve found anything cool recently!
Want to check out my first and second installment of my links? You can check them out here: http://misskristinesreviews.com/?s=expanding+my+mind
There is a lot of things I love doing. The obvious one is curling up with a good book. Another thing I LOOOOVE is finding a good deal.
Don’t get me wrong, I am not afraid to pay the price for a quality item. But if I don’t have to pay full price, I won’t… Am I right?
If you read my book reviews often you can probably see that I get most of my books from the library. I worked at the public library during high school and I could never get enough. However, 28 days later, I have to give back the borrowed book. Sometimes I don’t want to do that.
I wanted to share with you all how I NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR ANY BOOK.
Here is how!
- Head over to Raise.com. Raise is a marketplace of gift cards (by real sellers) for a discounted price.
- Simply search for the retailer you’d like to purchase the book at.
- Purchase the gift card at the discounted price from Raise.com. (eGifts are delivered via email almost instantly and physical gift cards are delivered via USPS 3- 14 business days.)
- Then use that gift card to purchase your books.
It is that simple!
Here are a few sites that I like to purchase books at:
By purchasing the gift card at a discounted price, you are already saving money with your overall purchase. It is a win-win.
Where else do you purchase books at? What are some other ways you save money when purchasing books?
Title – Two by Two (Website, Goodreads, Amazon)
Author – Nicholas Sparks (Website, Goodreads)
Published – October 4th 2016
Genre – Fiction
Summary – At 32, Russell Green has it all: a stunning wife, a lovable six year-old daughter, a successful career as an advertising executive and an expansive home in Charlotte. He is living the dream, and his marriage to the bewitching Vivian is the center of that. But underneath the shiny surface of this perfect existence, fault lines are beginning to appear…and no one is more surprised than Russ when he finds every aspect of the life he took for granted turned upside down. In a matter of months, Russ finds himself without a job or wife, caring for his young daughter while struggling to adapt to a new and baffling reality. Throwing himself into the wilderness of single parenting, Russ embarks on a journey at once terrifying and rewarding—one that will test his abilities and his emotional resources beyond anything he ever imagined.
Title – Of Poseidon (Website, Goodreads, Amazon)
Series – The Syrena Legacy #1
Author – Anna Banks (Website, Goodreads)
Published – May 22nd 2012
Classification – Young Adult Fiction
Summary – When Syrena prince Galen finds Emma, a human, can in fact communicate with fish, Galen and his sister decide to spend some time on land. They need to figure out if Emma is in fact a syrena. If so, she holds the gift of Poseidon and can save their kingdom.
All the signs point to Emma being a syrena, but many secrets need to be unraveled before the truth is revealed.
Title -The Thousandth Floor (Website, Goodreads, Amazon)
Author – Katharine McGee (Website, Goodreads)
Published – August 30th 2016
Genre – Young Adult Fiction
Summary – Here is the front flap since it introduces the characters so well:
Welcome to Manhattan, 2118. A hundred years in the future, New York is a city of innovation and dreams. But people never change: everyone here wants something…and everyone has something to lose.
Leda Cole’s flawless exterior belies a secret addiction—to a drug she never should have tried, and a boy she never should have touched.
Eris Dodd-Radson’s beautiful, carefree life falls to pieces when a heartbreaking betrayal tears her family apart.
Rylin Myers’s job on one of the highest floors sweeps her into a world—and a romance—she never imagined…but will her new life cost Rylin her old one?
Watt Bakradi is a tech genius with a secret: he knows everything about everyone. But when he’s hired to spy by an upper-floor girl, he finds himself caught up in a complicated web of lies.
And living above everyone else on the thousandth floor is Avery Fuller, the girl genetically designed to be perfect. The girl who seems to have it all—yet is tormented by the one thing she can never have.
Title – Where All Light Tends To Go (Website, Goodreads, Amazon)
Author – David Joy (Website, Goodreads)
Published – March 3rd 2015
Classification – Fiction / Country Noir / Southern Lit
Summary – Jacob McNeely quit high school and cut most of his peers out of his life. His path is already laid out for him: working for his dad’s huge methodically organized meth ring. Jacob’s mom is suffering from addition in the small town and his first love, Maggie, is bound for bigger and better things. In a life where blood is thicker than water and life is tough in the cruel North Carolina town, Jacob can just live the life he was given…or he can choose to rise above the fate he always thought was his.