June is over and we are officially into Summer (although we haven’t had much summer weather where I’m at…lots of rain).
Let’s get into it…
Fourth of July is around the corner. If you are looking for a good read, check out my recently published 2017 Summer Reading List of books that just released.
Links I Love
- First of all, I’m a big fan of Myleik Teele, founder of curlBOX and one of my favorite podcasts. She’s not one to read lots of fiction, but I recently spotted her rave on twitter about one of my favorite books The Mothers. (my review can be found here.) Love it!
- If you don’t know this already, I get many of my books from the library. If they are extra special to me, I may purchase them. I currently just have tell my money to go towards other things than books..as much as I wish to buy them all and support all the hardworking and wonderfully brilliant authors. Buuuuut, litreactor.com says checking out a book from the library is one way to support an author! Go me 🙂 Check out their article to see 13 Ways To Support An Author Without Spending A Dime. How many do you do?
- Speaking of libraries, a 2016 Pew Research survey found, “Millennials in America are more likely to have visited a public library in the past year than any other adult generation.” Whoo hoo! Sorry, that gets me pretty pumped.
- Last link I’ll share with you this month is a podcast that I subscribe to called Creative Introvert. I’m going to share it here because I think it is safe to assume at least some of you reading this are either creative, introverted, or both, and want to always have motivation to do what you want. I recently listened to an episode called Make Your Own Motivation (The Introverted Way) and thought it was pretty good! Let me know what you think!
- I didn’t have an outstanding reading month. It was just okay. (I had a great month last month, including The Mothers and A Court of Thorns and Roses). I don’t like talking about books I don’t like, but I had quite a few these past few weeks that I published a video, quickly whisking through which ones I didn’t enjoy and why.
- On a different note, my favorite (and only) nonfiction book this month was Partnership is the New Leadership.
- My favorite Young Adult book this month was The Sun Is Also A Star.
- And my favorite Contemporary Romance this month was Love After All.
- Last but not least, I finally published my 2017 Summer Reading List, including young adult, contemporary romance, and fiction books that have recently released (or will be in the next few weeks). These will be perfect to take on car rides, to the beach, and anything else I could be doing this summer! So excited. Let me know what you are planning to read!!
As always, let me know what you want to see here! Talk to you later!